- Argentina (3)
- Bulgaria (12)
- China (15)
- Finland (1)
- France (8)
- Hungary (13)
- Indonesia (1)
- Japan (5)
- Mexico (10)
- New Zealand (3)
- Philippines (3)
- Singapore (1)
- United States (17)
- Vietnam (2)
- Event Planner
- NEW ZEALAND
- Global Product Marketing Manager
- NEW ZEALAND
- Senior Game Designer
- Game Design
- NEW ZEALAND
Senior Game Designer
GAME DESIGN ‐ Auckland NEW ZEALAND
ABOUT THE JOB
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The role of a Game Designer is to develop new innovative game concepts mainly for iPhone. The designer's responsibility is to make important contributions to the design quality of large-scale projects. Also, the specifications relative to game concept and creation must be defined, while working closely with artists and developers.
- Conceptualization and in-depth development of the game;
- Documentation, script writer, level-design, level-scripting, data entry, game balancing, integration of multimedia elements (texts, images, sounds and videos).
- Maintain a strong communication with the different department leads (Producers, creative directors, art directors, technical directors);
- Keep updated all documents of the project and maintain regular updates of all design aspects of the game for an overall quality;
- Develop prototypes and explore new game ideas. Research and development, participate to market studies and propose new game concepts/ideas.
- Essential: Degree or work experince in Computer science, multimedia, computer graphics, video games.
- Asset: Experience in a video game company as a game or level designer.
- Asset: Experience on the following platform: iPhone.
- Essential: Experience in game creation. At least one of the following choices:
- Professional game;
- Personal projects (college, game school, home-made, etc.);
- Level-design and/or MOD (Quake, Unreal, Warcraft, Half-Life, etc.);
- Essential: Experience with creation tools (Flash, Blitz, Virtools, GameMaker, etc.);
- Essential: Good experience with multimedia software (Office, Adobe, Macromedia).
- Essential: from business level to native level in English
- 3+ years industry experience
- Passion for video games. Handheld games are a must.
- Good understanding of 'scripting' and/or basic computer programming.
- Communicate ideas with ease (oral and written), professional and autodidact.
- Able to work under pressure and open to do come occasional over-time.
- Open-spirit and love team-working.- Have a strong imagination!
- Very attractive remuneration
- Work visa application and relocation assistance provided, so all overseas applicants are welcome to apply.
- Exciting studio activities to make work fun
This position is located in Auckland, New Zealand. Please apply now and send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org under the reference " Senior Game Designer".