ABOUT THE JOB
Editor/Reviser - Spanish (European)/English LOCALIZATION - MONTREAL , CANADA
ABOUT THE JOB
Are you looking for a team of dynamic and talented people who are passionate about video games? Are you looking for a studio where diversity, open-mindedness and creativity are omnipresent? You’ve found the right place!
Gameloft, the largest mobile-gaming development studio in Montreal, is currently seeking an Editor/Reviser – Spanish (European)/English to join its Localization team.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Localisation Manager, the successful candidate will work within a team responsible for the translation and editing of game content, press releases and other varied internal documents. Adaptability and flexibility, as well as the ability to make effective use of all available resources, are key to this role. The texts to be translated will be from English into Spanish, and there is a substantial amount of editing to be done on texts already written in Spanish. Localisation testing will also account for a significant amount of the workload.
- BA in literature, translation or equivalent
- 1-2 years of prior experience in translation
- Bilingual (Spanish-English spoken/written)
- Excellent communication skills and an appreciation for the subtleties of language and grammar
- Creative and able to take initiative working independently or within a team
- Able to do precise, accurate work under pressure, and prioritise work load in order to meet varying deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Third language (German, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese or French) an asset
- Familiarity with video games and/or wireless technology an asset
- The candidate will be a native Spanish (European) speaker or equivalent.
- Must like testing video games on a daily basis.
The salary for this position can vary between $CAD 36,050 to 38,000/year depending on experience.
Please include a translation (in Spanish) of the following passage and provide a two hundred word writing sample stating why you are the right person for this position, to be included with a CV.
“In less than twenty years, mobile telephones have gone from being rare and expensive pieces of equipment used by businesses to a pervasive low-cost personal item. In many affluent countries, mobile phones now outnumber land-line telephones, with most adults and many children now owning mobile phones. It is not uncommon for young adults to own simply a cell phone instead of a land-line for their residence, even in the U.S. where mobile phone use is less prevalent than other industrialized countries. Mobile phone penetration is increasing around the world; this is particularly true of developing countries, where there is little existing fixed-line infrastructure.
With high levels of mobile telephone penetration, a mobile phone culture has evolved, where the mobile phone becomes a key social tool, and people rely on their mobile phone address book to keep in touch with their friends. Many people keep in touch using SMS, and a whole culture of "texting" has developed from this.”
Only retained candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Gameloft.
Why Join Us
- Because you want to take part in the rise of a dynamic, stimulating, and captivating sector!
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work within a team made up of people motivated by, and passionate about, their field!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you love the idea of expanding your horizons within a cosmopolitan corporate culture and sharing your know-how with colleagues at the other end of the Earth!
- Because you want to work with renowned partners and clients such as Apple, Google, Nintendo, Disney, Marvel, and many others!
- Because you want to push technology to its limits – to succeed at creating console-quality games for mobile phones!
- Because you’re in search of great working conditions and benefits, all within a modern, friendly space!
- Or just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
If one or more of these reasons speak to you, don’t hesitate to apply now!