ABOUT THE JOB
Senior Programmer PROGRAMMING, ONLINE PROGRAMMING - NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
ABOUT THE JOB
The New York studio is seeking a technically strong Senior Developer. As part of an established team, you will participate in the development of all our 3D and 2D projects. This positionensures projects are delivered on time and provides the best experience and quality.
The Senior Programmer will be responsible for all technology/architecture and processes choices, will supervise/participate in projects for staffing, technology/tools choices, risks evaluation and dependencies with other projects to ensure the best quality is achieved. This position will also recommend solutions, approve plans and roadmaps, ensure code quality and reviewing, work with HR to develop staff capabilities & career path (performance reviews, training and development, recruiting & retention), and work with other studios’ technical directors to improve the company programming standards and engines.
- Minimum of two published professional titles.
- Minimum of three years of technical experience in game development, including iOS or Android.
- Expert knowledge in C/C++ , OOP Design, programming practices
- Knowledge of the core game engine development as well as graphic pipeline development
- Strong knowledge in several domains (3D, Rendering, Animation, Online, Sound, Tools, AI, Optimization)
- Ability to identify issues and promote solutions and optimizations with existing Gameloft technologies
- Autonomous and dynamic with a passion for working in a team.
- Ability to lead a project with positive attitude, and flexibility under time constraints
- BS or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Experience with middlewares (UDK /Unity), with scripting/interpreted language (Python / Lua /C# / Java / ActionScript), with graphics tools (3dsMax, Photoshop, Shader Compiler) and/or in social gaming a big plus.
Why Join Us
Gameloft is where you want to be.
Live in one of the most entertaining and exciting cities in the world - New York City!!! This opportunity offers:
* Fun, passionate and creative studio with a casual, friendly atmosphere - we love to play, board games, video games, ping pong, air hockey and foosball!
* International environment which offers daily contact with other countries & cultures
* Challenging and rewarding work on the next great frontiers in games
* Excellent benefits and studio culture
A leading global publisher of digital and social games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, including mobile phones, smartphones and tablets (including Apple® iOS and Android® devices), set top box, connected TVs and consoles. Gameloft partners with leading international brands such as UNO®, Spider-Man®, James Cameron’s Avatar™, Ferrari® and Sonic Unleashed®. Gameloft also operates its own established franchises, such as Real Football, Asphalt™, Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus and N.O.V.A Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance®. Gameloft is present in all continents, distributes its games in 100 countries and employs over 6,000 developers. Gameloft is listed on the Paris Stock Exchange (ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA).
Previous hit Gameloft games include: Despicable Me: Minion Rush, Asphalt 8: Airborne, My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, Ironman 3, Kingdoms & Lords, GT Racing 2, Shark Dash, Oregon Trail: American Settler, A Good Day to Die Hard, NOVA: Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance, Littlest Pet Shop, The Dark Knight Rises, PLAYMOBIL Pirates, Real Soccer 2012 HD