CorporateFebruary 02 2010
Full-year revenues increase by 11% in 2009, reaching €122 M iPhone revenue reached €17.6 M in 2009, up 231%
Paris, France. Gameloft® achieved consolidated sales of €122.0 million for 2009, up by 11% from the previous year. On a comparable exchange rate basis, growth in 2009 reached 10%.
|In € millions||2009||2008||Variation|
Fourth quarter sales reached €31.8 M, down 6% from the previous year. This decline in sales is due to Gameloft’s withdrawal from boxed games in January 2009 and to the drop in the dollar. On a like for like basis, sales in the last quarter of 2009 were up 7%.
Europe represented 39% of full-year sales in 2009, North America 32% and the rest of the world 29%. In 2008, Europe accounted for 43% of sales, North America 30% and the rest of the world 27%.
Mobile games accounted for 94% of the company's sales in 2009. The remaining 6% are related to consoles game sales. Gameloft’s mobile gaming activity continued to show solid growth in 2009. Full-year revenues from this segment grew by 12% due to the huge success of Gameloft games on Apple®'s App Store™. In the last quarter of 2009, iPhone® revenues for the company reached €7.0 M, up 115%, significantly exceeding initial expectations of €4.4 M.
As anticipated, Gameloft’s profitability should increase dramatically. The operating margin before stock options is expected to reach between 8% and 9% in 2009 compared to 3% in 2008.
The company is expecting further growth in 2010 in terms of revenue and profitability. In the long term, Gameloft is in an ideal position to benefit from the rapid emergence of digitally distributed video games on mobile phones, tablets, consoles and from major technological innovations brought to the market by companies such as Apple®, Palm®, Nokia® and Google®.
Gameloft's annual results for 2009 will be published on 23 March 2010 after the market closes.
Gameloft is a leading international publisher and developer of downloadable video games. For 10 years, Gameloft has been established as one of the top innovators in its field. The company creates games for mobile phones, smartphones, iPhone and iPod touch. Gameloft games are also available to players on WiiWare, DSiWare, Microsoft Xbox LIVE Arcade and PlayStationNetwork.
Partnership agreements with leading licenses such as UNO, Ferrari, Shrek, CSI™, Spider-Man and Brothers in Arms allow Gameloft to form strong relationships with international brands. In addition to the partnerships, Gameloft owns and operates titles such as Real Football, Asphalt and Brain Challenge.
Gameloft is present on all the continents with its own production studios, employing over 3,500 developers, and distributes its games in over 100 countries. Gameloft is listed on Euronext Paris (ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA)