FinancialNovember 03 2009
18% growth in sales over the first nine months of 2009
Paris, France. Gameloft achieved consolidated sales of €90.2 million for the first nine months of 2009, up by 18% from the previous year. On a constant exchange rate basis, nine month growth reached 16%.
|In € millions||2009||2008||Variation|
Third quarter sales reached €30.1 million, up by 15% from the previous year on both a current and constant exchange rate basis. Mobile games account for 95% of the company's third quarter sales. The remaining 5% are related to console games sales.
Europe represents 38% of 2009 third quarter revenues, North America 31% and the rest of the world 31%. The strongest growth took place in the rest of the world, up 29% over the period, notably in Asia and South America. During the first nine months of 2009, Europe, North America and the rest of the world represented 38%, 33% and 29% of total sales respectively.
Mobile game activity continues to grow rapidly. Revenue from this segment increased 17% over the first nine months of the year due to the huge success of Gameloft games on Apple's AppStore and to the strong performance of the company's Java and Brew games. Therefore, the company expects solid sales and profitability growth in 2009.
In the long term, Gameloft is in an ideal position to benefit from the rapid development of digitally distributed video games on mobile phones and consoles, as well as from the major innovations introduced by companies such as Apple, Nokia and Google.
The group's consolidated full year sales will be published on February 2, 2010 after the market closes.
Gameloft is a leading international publisher and developer of downloadable video games. For 10 years, Gameloft has been established as one of the top innovators in its field. The company creates games for mobile phones, smartphones, iPhone and iPod touch. The total number of game-enabled devices is anticipated to exceed four billion units by 2012. Gameloft games are also available to players on WiiWare, DSiWare, Microsoft Xbox LIVE Arcade and PlayStation Network.
Partnership agreements with leading licenses such as UNO™, Ferrari, Shrek, CSI, Spider-Man and Sonic allow Gameloft to form strong relationships with international brands. In addition to the partnerships, Gameloft owns and operates titles such as Real Football, Asphalt and Brain Challenge.
Gameloft is present on all the continents with its own production studios, employing over 3,300 developers, and distributes its games in over 100 countries. Gameloft is listed on Euronext Paris (ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA)