ABOUT THE JOB
Ergonomic Designer ART - MONTREAL , CANADA
ABOUT THE JOB
Are you looking for a team of dynamic and talented people who are passionate about video games? Are you looking for a studio where diversity, open-mindedness and creativity are omnipresent? You’ve found the right place!
Following the development of many successful titles on iPhone such as the Modern Combat, Dungeon Hunter, Gangstar and Asphalt franchises, Gameloft Montreal is currently seeking an Ergonomic Designer to collaborate on its next generation of iPhone, iPad and Android games
Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, including mobile phones, smartphones and tablets (including Apple® iOS and Android® devices), set-top boxes and connected TVs. Founded in 1999 and a top innovator in its field, Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries. www.gameloft.com
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Reporting to the World Ergonomic Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for studying/producing UX and UI for our games on smartphone/tablet. As an expert in ergonomics and graphic design, you will contribute to the conceptualization and production of appealing interfaces which follow/enhance the art direction of the in-game content. Your input will offer solutions that are intuitive (ergonomics), functional (architecture), and aesthetically pleasing (design).
Daily tasks include:
• Collaborate with team to translate game systems and gameplay user-experience goals into intuitive interfaces that support and enhance the game’s look and experience.
• Observe and interpret results of usability testing and live game metrics, share conclusions with the World Ergonomic Director, and imagine solutions that help to increase accessibility and inform design decision-making game-wide.
• Produce schemes of global flows with detailed requirements in collaboration with the local Game Designer, and share them with Headquarters.
• Collaborate and participate with artists locally to create high-fidelity mockups to solidify design direction and planning with regards to the World Ergonomic Director’s expectations.
• 2-3 years’ experience in web/multimedia/video game design
• Knowledge of various web and smartphone application types
• Able to produce material in line with current trends
• Comfortable taking initiative in terms of graphics, brainstorming, research, and suggesting graphical and ergonomic trends
• Expert knowledge in Illustrator and Photoshop
• Expert in After Effects/Flash for motion effects, transition menus
• Proactive and able to work independently
• Able to work on a team
• Very good general knowledge of graphical trends and flows, particularly in smartphone applications (TV, web, video games, professional applications, etc.)
Skills and Profile
• You must have a passion for AAA games and websites with added graphical value and you must visit forums dedicated to web/app interface design/video games, icon design and multimedia page layout on a daily basis.
• Your graphical/ergonomic standards allow you to create graphical combinations that are contemporary and trendy.
• You are able to create pictograms, icons, buttons and their effects, and you have skills in multimedia page layout and associated typesetting choices.
• Portfolio showing your sense of artistry and polished execution
• Experience in a video game/web/multimedia agency is a must
• Very good English skills (Asset)
• Finesse and very good quality of work are essential
In order for us to consider your application, please send your portfolio or samples of your work (demos, animations, images, websites, etc.). Please indicate the address of your website and portfolio if you have one.
Only retained candidates will be contacted. Your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months. Thank you for your interest in Gameloft.
Why Join Us
• Join one of the most exciting sectors today and collaborate on projects with partners and clients that include Apple, Microsoft, Nokia, Google, Nintendo, Samsung, Marvel and others
• Experience an exceptional, dynamic, challenging and motivating working environment within a fast-growing company
• Opportunity to learn in a professional environment with passionate people
• Work in an open working climate with dynamic teams from around the world where you can communicate with colleagues from other countries and cultures on a daily basis
• Enjoy excellent local working conditions and benefits (high-quality office space, group insurance, discount with different companies, etc.)
• Flexible hours, paid personal days, and 3 weeks of vacation for a better work/life balance