ABOUT THE JOB
Senior Game Designer GAME DESIGN, LEVEL DESIGN - MONTREAL , CANADA
ABOUT THE JOB
Are you looking for a team of dynamic and talented people who are passionate about video games? Are you looking for a studio where diversity, open-mindedness and creativity are everywhere? You’ve found the right place!
Following the development of many successful titles on iPhone such as the Modern Combat, Dungeon Hunter, and Gangstar series, Gameloft Montreal is currently seeking a Senior Game Designer to work on its next AAA mobile franchise.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced game designer to develop the systems, social mechanics and monetization of our next free-to-play game.
The ideal candidate will have experience in one of the following genres: RPG, casual, strategy, and free-to-play games in general.
- Conceptualizing and developing the game and design documents in depth
- Developing social mechanics and game modes to improve player involvement and retention
- Developing game systems under a free-to-play model
- Performing analyses and suggesting adjustments to games as a result
- Ensuring all project documents are up-to-date and regularly updating all game aspects to maintain the level of quality
- Maintaining a high level of communication and follow-up with various departments
- Creating prototypes and exploring new game ideas. Research and development, market studies and creating new game concepts/ideas.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience as a game designer
- Excellent knowledge of the iOS/Android game market
- Experience with free-to-play games
- At least one title published on consoles or several games on iPhone or portable consoles
- Degree in one of the following fields: Computer Science, Multimedia, Graphics, Video Games or equivalent
- Fluent in English/French (an asset)
- Experience with prototyping tools (Flash, Unity, Virtools, GameMaker, etc.)
- Good experience with multimedia software (Office, Adobe, Macromedia)
- Familiar with 3ds Max, Maya, SketchUp or other 3D design software
Skills and Profile
- Open-minded and with proven leadership skills
- Passionate about video games and their history
- Good understanding of scripting and/or basic programming
- Comfortable communicating ideas (spoken and written), professional and self-taught
- Able to work under pressure and open to working overtime on occasion
- Open-minded and enjoying teamwork
In order for your application to be considered, you must submit a portfolio or other samples of your work (demos, images, animation, websites, etc.). Please make sure to provide us with the address of your website or portfolio.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months. Thank you for your interest in Gameloft.
Why Join Us
- Because you want to take part in the rise of a dynamic, stimulating, and captivating sector!
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work within a team made up of people motivated by, and passionate about, their field!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you love the idea of expanding your horizons within a cosmopolitan corporate culture and sharing your know-how with colleagues at the other end of the Earth!
- Because you want to work with renowned partners and clients such as Apple, Google, Nintendo, Disney, Marvel, and many others!
- Because you want to push technology to its limits – to succeed at creating console-quality games for mobile phones!
- Because you’re in search of great working conditions and benefits, all within a modern, friendly space!
- Or just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
If one or more of these reasons speak to you, don’t hesitate to apply now!