ABOUT THE JOB
Senior Game Designer GAME DESIGN, LEVEL DESIGN - MONTREAL , CANADA
ABOUT THE JOB
Are you looking for a team of dynamic and talented people who are passionate about video games? Are you looking for a studio where diversity, open-mindedness and creativity are omnipresent? You’ve found the right place!
After the development of several successful titles on iPhone such as Modern Combat, Dungeon Hunter and Asphalt, Gameloft Montreal is currently seeking a Senior Game Designer to work on their next generation of iPhone and iPad games.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced game designer to develop the systems, social mechanics and monetization of our next free-to-play game.
The ideal candidate will have experience in one of the following genres: RPG, casual, strategy, and free-to-play games in general.
• Conceptualizing and developing the game and design documents in depth
• Developing social mechanics and game modes to improve player involvement and retention
• Developing game systems under a free-to-play model
• Performing analyses and suggesting adjustments to games as a result
• Ensuring all project documents are up-to-date and regularly updating all game aspects to maintain the level of quality
• Maintaining a high level of communication and follow-up with various departments
• Creating prototypes and exploring new game ideas. Research and development, market studies and creating new game concepts/ideas.
• Minimum 3 years of professional experience as a game designer
• Excellent knowledge of the iOS/Android game market
• Experience with free-to-play games
• At least one title published on consoles or several games on iPhone or portable consoles
• Degree in one of the following fields: Computer Science, Multimedia, Graphics, Video Games or equivalent
• Fluent in English/French (an asset)
• Experience with prototyping tools (Flash, Unity, Virtools, GameMaker, etc.)
• Good experience with multimedia software (Office, Adobe, Macromedia)
• Familiar with 3ds Max, Maya, SketchUp or other 3D design software
• Open-minded and with proven leadership skills
• Passionate about video games and their history
• Good understanding of scripting and/or basic programming
• Comfortable communicating ideas (spoken and written), professional and self-taught
• Able to work under pressure and open to working overtime on occasion
• Open-minded and enjoying teamwork
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months. Thank you for your interest in Gameloft.
Why Join Us
• Join one of the most exciting sectors today and collaborate on projects with partners and clients that include Apple, Microsoft, Nokia, Google, Nintendo, Samsung, Marvel and others
• Experience an exceptional, dynamic, challenging and motivating working environment within a fast-growing company
• Opportunity to learn in a professional environment with passionate people
• Work in an open working climate with dynamic teams from around the world where you can communicate with colleagues from other countries and cultures on a daily basis
• Enjoy excellent local working conditions and benefits (high-quality office space, group insurance, discount with different companies, etc.)
• Flexible hours, paid personal days, and 3 weeks of vacation for a better work/life balance