ABOUT THE JOB
Online Developer PROGRAMMING, ONLINE PROGRAMMING - MONTREAL , CANADA
ABOUT THE JOB
Are you looking for a team of dynamic and talented people who are passionate about video games? Are you looking for a studio where diversity, open-mindedness and creativity are omnipresent? You’ve found the right place!
Gameloft, the largest mobile-gaming development studio in Montreal, is currently seeking an Online Developer.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Local Online Lead, the successful candidate will be in charge of developing, fixing and maintaining libraries and tools that support online multiplayer games. Working in collaboration with remote teams located all over the globe, the individual selected must have good communication skills and be able to manage an influx of updates and patches to various codebases.
Skills and profile
• University Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering; OR more than 4 years of experience in object-oriented, network related development in one of Java, C/C++, Python or Ruby
• Good knowledge of network protocols and issues
• Good communication and organization skills
• Excellent programming skills and able to produce highly optimized code
• Excellent grasp of unit testing (including test-first methodologies)
• Able to work quickly and under pressure
• Experience with Debian/Ubuntu packaging
• Excellent knowledge of source control tools (such as Subversion, Mercurial, Git, etc.)
• Knowledge of iPhone/iPad technology
• Experience in the Video Game Industry
• Strong UI design skills
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months. Thank you for your interest in Gameloft.
Why Join Us
• Join one of the most exciting sectors today and collaborate on projects with partners and clients that include Apple, Microsoft, Nokia, Google, Nintendo, Samsung, Marvel and others
• Experience an exceptional, dynamic, challenging and motivating working environment within a fast-growing company
• Opportunity to learn in a professional environment with passionate people
• Work in an open working climate with dynamic teams from around the world where you can communicate with colleagues from other countries and cultures on a daily basis
• Enjoy excellent local working conditions and benefits (high-quality office space, group insurance, discount with different companies, etc.)
• Flexible hours, paid personal days, and 3 weeks of vacation for a better work/life balance